Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang!

In the market for a 2.5" SV. Hoping somebody might have an extra one laying around.

I'll be receiving a fresh Garrett TII turbo soon, but it won't be coming with a SV, unfortunately.

I know Cindy has some new turbonetics units available, but I was hoping to avoid spending $170 + shipping since I just purchased a turbo too.

I'm located in Southern Oregon for shipping purposes.

Thanks!
-Zach

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Pencil me in as your back up plan. If someone else on here with a swing valve already off of the turbo, or someone who can benefit from liquidating parts speaks up, promote them to #1. Otherwise i will certainly send you one.

Mark

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark!

Thank you for the reply. So far I haven't had any other response (aside from a scam bot DMing me). I'm certainly open to waiting to see if anyone else here chimes in, as I don't wish to inconvenience you. However, you would be my hero if you were able to help me get my hands on a SV. Thanks again!

-Zach

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Aight, so I'm officially soaking the bolt for that SV housing. They look cooked lol. Otherwise, it was a good exercise to see the difference between the 2.25" and 2.5" housing. It is clear that a 2.25" could be easily cut to match or be better than the 2.5"

Working on it! I got u!

~Mark

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Mark! I really appreciate your efforts. I think "easily cut" might be a bit subjective, however. I'm just a backyard mechanic with no real training or access to machining tools lol

All I know is that my car originally came with the 2.5 and that it flowed about 23% better than the 2.25 resulting in around an 8hp gain. I'm not even sure if a 2.25 is compatible with the same wastegate can and rod to be honest.

You're really doing me a solid though, man! I'm 32 now and have had my Lancer since I was 17. It's been down for the last 4 years and I've been so preoccupied it's been a slow going project. But we're nearly there! Can't wait to get my first love back on the road 😁

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Oh hell ya man. Knowing the home helps get my ass to fight those bolts out!

What else do you need. I have a lot of engine comps sitting around. What's the current spec of the car?

Lancers are sweet!

~Mark

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Mark! Umm...one of everything? Ha, just kiddin'. I'm not sure, I mean I don't really have a large parts collection, only a few things here and there.

Highly doubt you'd be able to help with this one, but I'm always looking for a stock TII airbox. When I was a kid I hacked it up to make room for a charge pipe with a talon BOV attached. Always regretted not finding a cleaner method of installation lol.

Here's a link to a quick album I put together. I'm bad at remembering to take pictures so it isn't a very complete storyboard, but hey, at least you can see some of the project.

-Zach

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spec of the car is a mildly modified street DD.

Boost was at 15psi before I parked it for the rebuild. I honestly don't plan on going any higher or breaking into 3-bar territory, but we'll see lol.

2.5" exhaust, no cat, straight through magnaflow muffler.

Stage III cal from FWD.

TII Turbo from TU with quick spool

Talon BOV

Wiseco forged Pistons .020 over

A555 completely rebuilt by Ed Papp, including chrome-moly bearing support plate and brass shift fork pads.

Self-ported and polished intake/exhaust manifolds and head. Mild job, but some material removed, and smoothed for a little extra flow.

Beehive spring mod along with PT lifters, NOS cam, brand new rockers from FWD, and a 3-angle valve job with new guides installed.

Fidanza adjustable cam sprocket

New GR2 front struts and Gas-a-just rear shocks with all new polybushings suspension bushings (front and rear).

Polybushings solid bobble strut and solid front mount.

TU stage IV 6-puck clutch kit
+Resurfaced flywheel

ARP head studs

Walbro 190 fuel pump - just replaced fuel sock and dropped/cleaned tank since the car has just been sitting for a few years

Konig Illusion 17" rims wrapped in BFG G-Force COMP-2 UHP All-Season tires (215/45 R17)

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but I'll update this thread if anything comes to mind 😁

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump! Hoping Mark is following this thread and gets a notification 😅

1 - 12 of 12 Posts