Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a gerrett turbo off a 87 new yorker and its wierd it has a 3 bolt pattern were normaly there is a round tube to put a intake on it so im confused in how to put this turbo on my 1990 dodge shadow.

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
its wierd it has a 3 bolt pattern were normaly there is a round tube to put a intake on it
It's not wierd... it's just older.

need to either fab or buy an adapter, clock the housing, and mod the wastecan bracket....

simple, no?

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
oh, and grind some material of of it to clear the intake...

edit: grind the material of of the exhaust housing, i mean.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i can still hook up the hoses the same way like to the b.o.v and to the throtttle body i just need to make something to put a intake on to the turbo

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i got it thanks thats what i was thinking i had to do to put a intake on.but it doesnt say if i can use all the same hoses off my car as it is now with the mitsu turbo in it

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
some say the mits has different oil line fittings, some say they got it to work... i never had to deal with a mits so i dont know.
as far as the big hoses go, you should be able to get close....

or just save yourself some headache and find a T-II garrett...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah thats what i heard about oil lines,i just need the all rubber hoses to go on and i will be good thanks for the help.i can use my stock b.o.v for this turbo or not?

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
i can't see why not...

·
Helping when I can
1,326 Posts
but remember, you need to do more than just rig up the inlet... TU sells the adapters.

you need to clock the compressor housing and mod the wastegate can bracket

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i dont come on this site and read all the threads and post.i come on here to get help thats all.so saying you had a post about this really doesnt help me:bash:

·
Registered
999 Posts
I replied multiple times to your previous thread, answering the exact questions you have now, as well as some others. That thread is here:

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/f4/f19/163184-garett-t2-help.html

Here's what I said:

G-Pop shop has 4-pc carbon seal kits for about $100. Give them a call & they'll tell you what you need. I think a rebalance is only $45. If nothing's touched, it won't need that, though. To use the TI Garrett on an 88+ TI car, you'd need the TII style compressor housing without the 90° outlet. TU sells them.
Someone else in this thread asked where to get the adapter, Screamin4banger had already posted where to get it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts