Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i found a really good deal on a t3 turbo almost brand new for cheap, i want to replace my mitsu with the t3, what changes would i be dealing with?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
is it one that came off our cars? If so then just swap over the lines (oil/coolant) and bolt it right up. If it isn't then you need to weld a new flange onto your manifold or buy on of the premade manifolds from one of the venders. Then I believe you would also need new lines as well, best to just get the braided lines.

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i believe so, though it comes with a manifold, so it might be different

L

·
0 Posts
Can you post a pic of the turbo? That way one of us can tell you if its compatable with your car. What year is it off of? Because if it happens to be an 87 TII Garret than it has a narrower exhaust bolt pattern. As for the lines,your stock Mistu ones will work bur may need to be tweaked to fit perfectly. I would go with a good set of braided lines like sad above if I were you though.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
That's a TI turbo.

Doesn't even look like it is converted to TII. With the way it is spray painted, I wouldn't count on it being almost brand new.

It's swingvalve will not bolt up to your downpipe. It'll need a intake adapter. It will require you to rotate the compress housing as well as plugging the EGR port. It'll also require the wastegate can to be relocated. Don't forget the turbine housing will need modifying as well.

If you feel like doing all the work, go for it.
DDG- Garrett turbocharger conversion

Time to put my turbo on the forsale section.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That is alot of work to be done. I have A t1 converted to a t2 on my car now that i converted. I am going to be selling it if you are interested it only has a 1000 miles on it. I bought a S60, the t2 was not enough for me. My t2 i have i changed the compressor housing to a real t2 so it is the same specs.

L

·
0 Posts
Hey 91

If you want a used stocker look for an 89 TII Garret,thats the baddest one that came stock on these cars. If not save up for like a 50 trim hybrid or something like that:thumb:

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a TI turbo.

Doesn't even look like it is converted to TII. With the way it is spray painted, I wouldn't count on it being almost brand new.

It's swingvalve will not bolt up to your downpipe. It'll need a intake adapter. It will require you to rotate the compress housing as well as plugging the EGR port. It'll also require the wastegate can to be relocated. Don't forget the turbine housing will need modifying as well.

If you feel like doing all the work, go for it.
DDG- Garrett turbocharger conversion

Time to put my turbo on the forsale section.
Nah, Tryingbe i will hold out for that t2 that you have, Because this guy wont even reply, ive sent him 4 emails and called 2 times. so that is down the drain . i still plan on getting that turbo off you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts