Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind Gauges do you all use? I know wide band is a biggy but I am going to also have an oil pressure gauge and I am wondering without an a pillar where can I put the gauges so they don't look like ---? It's an 86 Daytona turbo z CS with troofs it has a black interior (5 speed) and its also leather so I would like to see photos of what the rest of you have done... I am also eventually planning on installing a egt in the future so I can tune to lean burn when cruising (carefully)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. I have an 89 Lebaron and looking for a place for a boost, EGT and Wideband gauges. The drink holder tray looks like a good place if there is some sort of 3-place gauge holder already modified for this tray would be awesome.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah but I don't want to lose my cup holders stereo temp controls measage centre or traveler... I like the idea of an A pillar but I don't have the cash to buy all this stuff lol has anyone done a box so that it sits right under where chargers dust has his? I like his but that's only 1 and I checked behind that and it takes a lotta work to do that

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh and tryingbe is that you af ratio at idle? I am getting a wideband right away and wHat all of you guys think is appropriate af ratios for idle cold and warm and wot etc

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
What brand was the OP gauge

And the best place without dirlling holes in your rare dash would be to delete the message center. Half the time they dont work, and your stock boost gauges are notoriously off. Even recalibrated I have 3 that read different pressures at the same rated pressure (tested with hand pump, calibrated at work)

If it was all digital, then I would say no, but you probably have an analg center message center, which would look much better with a digital EGT and W/B gauge in it along with the Boost gauge.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Idk it's just some old thing I got for a good deal lol but I really like my stock message centre and boost gauge... The car is set to do 14psi and that what the gauge reads and hooked to vacuum it says 5 which seems normal also. My 12 button traveler works seamless AFTER I SOLDERED new buttons onto the board. Has anyone ever done something cool like putting it flat onto the dash where the centre speaker would be with some sorta cool reflection off of the windshield to be like a hologram???

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
i will be running a AEM wideband, Boost gauge, in the pillar and a digital fuel pressure gauge mounted on the steering column box

no pics as i am still building the car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts