Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Super 60 turbo to start out for a minivan upgrade. Of course, I want all the power I can get! But as much as this turbo has already set me back, I would really like to keep my money where its needed. Just wondering if the money from a brand new 2.5" w/o downpipe to a 3" w/ downpipe would be better spent elsewhere, or just get the 3" and be done?

Thanx!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I would buy a used 2.5 sv with a 3in dp if cash flow is a problem. when you have the cash get the 3in sv and resell the 2.5sv. Of course you run the risk of the 3in being discontinued.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
5-15 ft lbs?!? Crap, never would have guessed!

I would EVENTUALLY like the 3", but will probably aim for a used 2.5" for the time being then try and hit a 3" when I get time/money for it.

Are they decent to swap while on the vehicle?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
5-15 ft lbs?!? Crap, never would have guessed!

I would EVENTUALLY like the 3", but will probably aim for a used 2.5" for the time being then try and hit a 3" when I get time/money for it.

Are they decent to swap while on the vehicle?
I did it in-car no big deal since I used antiseize when assembled the 2.5 inch.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Awesome! I have a good sized jar of that stuff :D hahaha I use it quite often when I plan to remote a bolt in the future (so about 99% of all bolts)
Just make sure it is high-temp. I am guessing standard stuff will cause it to seize. ;)

·
Registered
768 Posts
What about porting out the 2.5". If you welded up the outside really good and ground the crap out of the inside necked part, how close could you get to the numbers of the 3"

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have seen a ported 2.5" VS a 3"... no contest, the 3" is HUGE! I think porting a 2.5" will help, though anything larger than the downpipe it goes to will make a lip and hurt flow.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
That's the old school way of doing it. It works, but the area around the actual radius from the valve still isn't going to be as much as the one from TU. That thing was VERY well thought out and is a peice of art! Will doing it the way you said work? Sure! It's been done a LOT. Will it net as much performance? No, but it's still going to be better than the 2.5!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts