Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picking up a 3.0 3 speed caravan for the a670 wap in my lebaron and was wounder if there is any parts any one wants?

the van is a '89 beyond that i do nto know mutch but if there is something you would need i ill see what shape it's in when i pick it up in a couple weeks from the guys yard

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
need to double check but i think he said it's a short wheel base.

if i can i will try and get a picture of it

·
Registered
187 Posts
The one in my thread "88 6G72 with no airbox and exhaust" is a long wheelbase. Im gonna hoepfully pull the 3spd as well. Kinda sucks cause I wonder if I can find a buyer for the shell. Cause the frame is straight and rust free. You getting the heads, cam, intake manifold (if you dont have a P&P one yet) and PRE-SMPI fuel rail too?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the engine is beyond junk not sure if the heads are even any good. that is why he was selling it he had the van repainted then the trans died had that rebuilt 500 miles later the engine let go in a varry noise way and then sat for 2 years

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics of the van got it to the house today. sad thing is it's a 4 speed auto with a 3 speed dash. it's also a cargo van with fiberglas barn doors instead of a gate

·
Registered
187 Posts
love the rear cargo hatch doors. Would of made it better on my old van with the busted hatch struts getting my drumset in and out without a stick holding the hatch up :p Never seen a G1 with cargo doors like that

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they are not factory they are a fiberglass shell that fits in where the hatch normaly goes then the fiberglass barn doors are bolted to that

behind the fiberglass frame there is the factory bolt holes for the hatch and struts

i plan on taking the doors and frame off if i can't sell them i will keep them incase i ever get a caravan i can convert it

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here are some better pics of the doors and shell

here is the good pic of the door frame and the weather stripping that is there

here is the inside of the fiberglass frame and the fiberglass doors

they left the factory hatch weather stripping behind the frame it does not actualy seal any thing as the frame has it's own weather stripping for the doors

and here are the hatch bolt holes still in the roof

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.