Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm getting a gnarly deal on a a555 trans, it was already in an 85 daytona and its coming with the clutch pedal, shifter, and all the linkages to hook it up. What kind of clutch / pressure plate should I think about getting to handle like 230-250 horsepower? Anything else I should think about with this trans?

·
Administrator
24,973 Posts
I cannot answer your questions but contact Cindy @ FWD Performance and I am sure she can answer all your questions and get you the parts you need.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
get a clutch beyond what you think you want to make for hp . after 250hp gets old you WILL want to turn up the wick. BOOST..... it is the worst habit in the world hahahahaha . then you will end up buying another clutch or say so and so sold me a crap clutch (hopefully not). it may seem like overkill but why spend money twice.

Norm

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just installed a Turbo's Unleased 6 puck ceramic with a purple plate. I love it . We have 400 miles on the set up and are going racing tomorrow.
I would buy this same set up again. A 4 puck might be to grabby for the street.

·
Super Moderator
11,773 Posts
What CV axles am I going to need? What car/year did this transmission come in?
it would have come in any of the turbo II cars from 87-89
(not L bodys) also came in some mini vans

you will need axles from an 87 ^G -K platform as the ends with the splines got bigger

on the equal length shaft the hanger bearing and the mount it hangs from was changed too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts