Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
My vote after doing it is no, mostlikely works worse. The paint comes off in sheets, then block air from moving through the IC. The main problem with the IC isn't placement or cooling, but the lack of flow. It is just too cheap and easy to add a better IC. As a small trick between passes at the drag strip, soke the IC with cold water from a hose. Then let the IC stay water logged to the next pass. Creates consistant runs and gives you extra cooling for the first 100 ft. I wouldn't remove the paint though, nighmare to do right.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
0 gains. The minute amount of heat transfer you might gain, will quickly be negated by the aluminum oxide layer. Lol, ask the pope how easy it is to remove the paint from the fins, he loves doing it ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am wanting to repaint my Intercooler. I have a bead blaster cabinet but not sure if I should put it in there. Or should I just knock the loose stuff off and hit it with a rattle can?

·
Administrator
4,003 Posts
I am wanting to repaint my Intercooler. I have a bead blaster cabinet but not sure if I should put it in there. Or should I just knock the loose stuff off and hit it with a rattle can?
Buy 2L of paint stripper and let it soak, careful with the bead blaster if you do, i've had issues trying this and folding the fins over too easily, might not be an issue if you can get some good distance from the blaster nozzle to the intercooler, but I couldn't in a small cabinent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts