Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lookin to do some ghetto intercooler piping, and one thing I haven't seen on the site is the suggestion of "flexible rubber couplers." I saw them in lowes yesterday in sizes ranging from 2" to 6". they had nice clamps on them... not as nice as the ones on fwdperf with the springs and the heavy bolts of course, but sufficient for some low level boost I would think.
Also I wanted to know about putting a ring at the end of the pipe using a pipe expander. is it possible to expand only the last 1/8th of an inch?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Those work really good. My neighbor builds custom sand rails and he uses those all the
time. He told me he has even used them for turbo setups that he has done. I used them
when I put an open element filter on my Yamaha Rhino.

·
Registered
658 Posts
You would be surprised how cheap intercooler piping is on e-bay. Not sure if
you have looked. Search intercooler pipe or piping.

·
Legendary Driver
10,944 Posts
yep and couple the pipes or make bends with the TB to airbox hose off chrysler 3.0 V6 equipped cars. The 87-88's are 2.5" the hole way through. The 89+'s neck down right at the TB which works great for attaching to your TB or the turbo. They last forever on the cold side but about a year on the hot side. I used them to make templates for my custom silicone hoses though on the hot side. Still running them on the cold side. Even with worm gear clamps I've put 80psi of pressure to them and they don't blow off. Something about the way the rubber bonds to the pipe makes them hold on real well without a bead at all on the end of the pipe.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I got a great mandrel bent intercooler kit from racing solutions. 2.5" nice mandrel bends. 50 bucks. I doubt I could have done it cheaper at lowes.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
i have steel 2.5 mandrel bends i think my set up has 2 - 180degrees and 2 - 45degrees and the rest is straight pipes out of aluminum. i got my kit off ebay, came with the silicone couplers even

·
Registered
147 Posts
lookin to do some ghetto intercooler piping, and one thing I haven't seen on the site is the suggestion of "flexible rubber couplers." I saw them in lowes yesterday in sizes ranging from 2" to 6". they had nice clamps on them... not as nice as the ones on fwdperf with the springs and the heavy bolts of course, but sufficient for some low level boost I would think.
Also I wanted to know about putting a ring at the end of the pipe using a pipe expander. is it possible to expand only the last 1/8th of an inch?
i have to see this.:thumb:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Link to it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
yes that is ghetto

1 - 12 of 12 Posts