Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up everybody?

Me and my dad are getting ready to rebuild our 86 Plymouth Horizon as a replica of a GLH very soon. We are still trying to decide what kind of black to paint the bumpers. My ride is gonna be a dark metallic red so would gloss black or flat black look cool with dark red metallic?

Attached is a photo of what my car is supposed to look like roughly when it's done: (the stripe will be based on the Shelby Charger and the rims will be off of a Dodge Neon SXT). Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
never really like the black accents of the GLH..

I've seen some done monochrome .. seems like a good look:
more cohesive, less 'tacked-on' ..
I see.... well right now it's too cold to do any painting so me and my dad can't do anything about it right now. I think I know what you are getting at....

I'm not discrediting your idea at all, I may mention it to my dad but I personally think that the black is cool, that is just my opinion. Ultimately this is his car so whatever he says is happening I have to go along with it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ps I like the stripe !
I appreciate the compliment bro, we may end up doing gloss black anyway. As soon as my car is restored I will post it on this forum, it'll look 60 times better than what it does now. Wait until you see it completely restored, it will blow you away. As I said in the first reply, the stripe we are gonna implement is gonna be from the Shelby Charger and the rims will be the 7 spoke ones from the Dodge Neon SXT.

Me and my dad were supposed to restore it over summer but that got messed up because of some drunk girl who totaled my parents cars the night before independence day and that completely screwed everything up (my parents were in the house when it happened thank goodness). It's alright, I'm saving it as a graduation present for when after I finish college in 5 months. Did I tell you that this is my first car at 21?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i did my GLH bumpers in satin black when i restored mine.
Yeah, that's whazzup. That's a possibility that I didn't think of, thanks bro! Just out of curiosity, what do you think of the car shown in the photo way above? That's gonna be my ride only with a wider stripe and 7 spoke rims from a Dodge Neon SXT.

·
Registered
601 Posts
then take your end caps and wipe them down with prep soloution then hit them with SEMS trim black, best stuff ever. i used it on all my ground effects and trim parts.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i like the idea wit the car up top ok, i would leave the ground mouldings black however. Painting them body color would cheapen the look IMO. Bring it down a bit on coilovers, that did great things for mine.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i like the idea wit the car up top ok, i would leave the ground mouldings black however. Painting them body color would cheapen the look IMO. Bring it down a bit on coilovers, that did great things for mine. View attachment 269635
Thanks for the advice dude! I will make note of this. Just out of curiosity, did you sand down the bumpers in order to prep them for priming and painting? My car has a bad coat of paint that needs sanding, priming and then painting.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Hey here is my silver GLHT with those same 16" Neon one year only SXT/RT rims on it. 50K mile car. Car sat garaged for many years and needed lots of work. Didn't run, didn't stop, didn't shift. Needed some interior, AC,& suspension work too. All works now. Just needs paint and some new shoes.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey here is my silver GLHT with those same 16" Neon one year only SXT/RT rims on it. 50K mile car. Car sat garaged for many years and needed lots of work. Didn't run, didn't stop, didn't shift. Needed some interior, AC,& suspension work too. All works now. Just needs paint and some new shoes.
Nice nice bro!!

My ride runs just has a coat of paint that went bad and the tires it's got right now are kinda rubbing in the back so I'm gonna install the 7 spoke SXT rims. Did you see the photo of my car at the very top?

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Nice nice bro!!

My ride runs just has a coat of paint that went bad and the tires it's got right now are kinda rubbing in the back so I'm gonna install the 7 spoke SXT rims. Did you see the photo of my car at the very top?
Yes I did. That is why I responded to your thread. I always have 3-4 Omni's on hand. Can't have enough of them right? Here are some I had in the past. Red one had 15K miles, none over 58K miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I did. That is why I responded to your thread. I always have 3-4 Omni's on hand. Can't have enough of them right? Here are some I had in the past. Red one had 15K miles, none over 58K miles.
Yeahhhhh, that's whazzup dude!!!!!! Hahahahahahahaha :) :) :)

One is enough for me but I'm hoping that someday I can a GLHS or a red GLH. My car is gonna be dark metallic red with a sliver stripe from a Shelby Charger and a lot more mods. FYI, I'm 21 and my first car is a fake GLH Omni, because I'm 21 and don't have as much experience as you my ride is not getting the 2.2 turbo, maybe when I've had some more experience I may drop the 2.2.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry to bother you but I'm curious, how did you manage to get all those Omnis since they are so rare and hard to find? The black one (the GLHS) is super rare and I was wondering where you got that one and all the others since I can hardly find any of them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts