Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fam,

It looks like I'm going to replace my fuel tank to be on the safe side. While I'm in there, I also plan on coverting to the Walbro single pump. I need to buy a shop manual, but while I'm here I wanted to get expert advice. Has anyone done this before?

Any advice?

Also, things I'll need?
1) Fuel Pump
2) Roll Over Valve?
3) Tank Vent?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Administrator
25,001 Posts
Welcome To TD!!!

I have never done the conversion from 2-1 but...
If you are replacing the tank be sure to replace the rubber fuel lines with new fuel injection hose.
You may want to see if the filler pipe seal is still available.

We have the entire Chrysler Parts Catalogs in PDF format on site so you can veiw an exploded veiw of the fuel tank/components and get the Chrysler part #'s and contact your local dealer or wholesalemopar.com(they are a dealer but have a wholesale buisness and sell for less) for availability.

The parts catalog is a "Sticky" located in the Engine-General, Exhaust, Induction section.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
The easy thing to do is get a '88-'90 (maybe '87 also, can't remember) Omni or Horizon TBI fuel pump assembly. Then you install the Walbro in that unit. Then just run your hose from the assembly to the fuel filter and toss that old external pump! The plug for the external pump can be capped off and tucked out of the way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts