Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone provide the specifications on these coil springs? for a/c and non-a/c cars and for the GLHS, if there even is a difference. Rockauto has finally listed some for sale after a dry spell and I am wondering if any of the ones listed will be close or same. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I wrote this down about 30-35 years ago. GLHT non-AC springs were .578" coil diameter, while the AC GLHT was .578" Left and .587" Right. MP autocross lowering springs were .624" There was a different part # for the AC cars, at least on right side. The factory rated them at 145lbs for the front and 135lbs for the rear. The MP autocross springs were rated at 180/145lbs. The LRE autocross springs were rated at 195-220 /185lbs. The GLHS used the same springs as SC and GLHT's.
Hope this helps,

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wrote this down about 30-35 years ago. GLHT non-AC springs were .578" coil diameter, while the AC GLHT was .578" Left and .587" Right. MP autocross lowering springs were .624" There was a different part # for the AC cars, at least on right side. The factory rated them at 145lbs for the front and 135lbs for the rear. The autocross springs were rated at 180/145lbs. The LRE autocross springs were rated at 195-220 /185lbs. The GLHS used the same springs as SC and GLHT's.
Hope this helps,
Yes it does, Thank you very much Todd. Was thrilled to find some front springs and hope that they work well on my GLHT.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
I wrote this down about 30-35 years ago. GLHT non-AC springs were .578" coil diameter, while the AC GLHT was .578" Left and .587" Right. MP autocross lowering springs were .624" There was a different part # for the AC cars, at least on right side. The factory rated them at 145lbs for the front and 135lbs for the rear. The MP autocross springs were rated at 180/145lbs. The LRE autocross springs were rated at 195-220 /185lbs. The GLHS used the same springs as SC and GLHT's.
Hope this helps,
Thanks for this info.
I'm going to check mine tomorrow now that I've got the correct numbers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts