Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering where I can get a fuel pressure regulator to fit and 86 glhs? I had to replace the injectors and when I removed the regulator I noticed the o-ring it was damaged. I borrowed an o-ring off an old injector but it leaks. Any idea where I can get a pressure regulator or o-ring to fit?
Thanks
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
I don't know the ID and OD of the O-ring, but they are available.
I'm sure someone here will know the size you need.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
The regulators o-ring is the same as fuel injector o-rings. Sometimes when people put on an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, they bolt is down and it damages the fuel rail boss. It gets nicks in it from the hex head design of the Accufab regulator. Normal procedure was to shim up the regulator with shims to avoid the hex portion coming into contact with the injector boss. You should probably check the condition of the boss, before installing a new o-ring. They shouldn't tear unless there is a burr in the boss. Looks like your also missing the mounting tab that secures the inlet of the fuel rail to the valve cover bolt. That is pretty important, as it prevents the inlet from getting bent. They look like this. Also you should be using some grease to aid installing the o-ring. Looks like you due for 1/4" return hose replacement too.
Brown Wood Art Metal Artifact

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was no tab for the regulator. It must have been removed by one of the previous owners when they swapped in the 20% injectors. I'm replacing the 1/4 return hose as well. What is the size of the main fuel line hose? Looks like the main line is 1/4 and the return is 3/16.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
On mine the lines are 5/16" supply and 1/4" return. It is a 1987 2 piece intake with matching fuel rail. Bracket was installed later to stabilize the supply.
As Bill stated the fuel feed or inlet is 5/16" and the return is 1/4". There is a 3/16" vapor line as well. This line follows the feed and return lines from the rear of the car. The vapor line should be a black hose with red repeating dashes on it. It follows the frame rail on the right side of your GLHS to the charcoal canister.
Yeah those small tab connector are one of the first things that always disappear on these cars. They're bolted over the plastic upper timing belt cover. If you bend up or break your original two piece rail, you'll pay a heavy price to replace it with an original. They've been long gone from Chrysler for at least a decade, and when they were available they were like $350 list! They're unique as the 2 piece rail used a specific fuel rail. There are alternative replacements from the vendors though, but they're not reproductions, but rather billet aluminum replacements. Shown below is a fuel rail damaged by installation of Accufab regulator, and hex portion of Accufab regulator that damages fuel rail boss. Strong possibility that at one time your GLHS had one on seeing how your vehicle has +20% injectors installed. Hopefully yours will not have damage like the one piece fuel rail pictured.

Wind instrument Bicycle part Rim Door Pipe
Camera accessory Automotive tire Gas Machine Auto part
Gas Circle Camera accessory Toy Metal

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for all the help. I'm going to remove the fuel rail again and replace the o-rings with new ones. I've had the car for over a year and have not had it on the road yet. When I bought the car it had sat in a garage for 12 years and the previous owner never really did much with it. Every time I seem to get closer to getting it finished something else gives me a problem. I had to pull the 20% injectors as it was adding fuel to the engine oil and still not running well at idle. The engine has been modified over the years by previous owners but its difficult to troubleshoot problems when you don't know what's been hacked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts