Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how much a GLHS wheel weighs? My new track wheels weight 15lbs each, I hope I'm saving some weight but probably not much.

Mike

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Super60omni. Looks like I have a considerable amount of weight savings below the springs, where it counts!

I'll weigh the 86 Centurian (with tire weight) and weigh the Enkie RS 5 (with tire weight) after the install and post my findings.

And if your right Super60omni, I could be saving 10 lbs per axle. Giddy UP!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
No only is it sprung weight, it is a reduction in rotation inertia (big factor). Anyone know how much GLH-T wheels weigh?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll see if my friend has a tireless Centurion to weigh.
That would be a big help and although I like all the input, it would put an end to the discussion. Unless he has a couple wheel weights or dirt on the wheels, then the debate would be back open for discussion:D

·
Registered
674 Posts
It's been years and my brain is getting a few holes in it... But IIRC I got 21lbs for an 87 Centurian.:eek: All of my spares have tires on them:(

Alan

·
Premium Member
9,110 Posts
pizza wheels are 18-20 pounds each, Centurians should be around that as well
the pizzas (4 & 5 lug) & swiss cheeses (4 lug) & 6.5 crabs I've weighed all seem to be 19-21# altho I am not using a real accurate scale (weigh myself on bathroom scale then weigh myself + wheel and subtract the 2)

I recall reading that there were two OEM suppliers for the pizzas and that one of them was approx 1# heavier than the other

I have heard a "rule of thumb" that 1# reduction in rotating inertia is equivalent to 3-4 # reduction in body mass (for acceleration); i.e. if you save 5# per wheel (say 20# total) its equivalent in acceleration to removing 60-80# from the car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts