Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally starting on the paint and body restoration of my 85 GLHT, still working on floor pan patches, but had the opportunity to get a spot in the shop.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shaved the rear wiper and the spray nozzle. Also a fresh gallon of the stock GLH Aztec gold. Cant wait to see it! Gotta find a windsheld for it still.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Looks great! Decided to run a Horizon grille instead of the Omni grille, or couldn't find a GLH grille? FYI- The blacked out rear panel originally went out to the outer edge and under the taillights. Were those earlier taillights? As far as the windshield, your looking for #959. I bought a couple FYG (Chinese) windshields. They fit really good. As good or better than OEM glass. Quality seems good too. My glass guy has had great results with that manufacturer. You may need to try a different metropolitan areas near you to find them. When I found them, there were six in the Twin Cities metro area. Between me and a friend we bought them all. Paid around $125 each for them. If you have a preferred glass guy, he might have access to stock that you may not have. You might consider buying a couple when you find them. New glass seems to be a magnet for rocks from vehicles in front of you (lol). Decals for GLHT's are available at Phoenix Graphics. Do a little digging and you should be able to find discount coupons for PG. They advertise pretty heavily. Nice job on the refresh! Gold is the rarest color for GLH's.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The tail with the amber turn signals were the 79-80 lights according to when i bought them from ebay a few years ago.

Thanks for teh heads up on the black rear, although its too late for it i think.

I wast sure on the grill, this is the one it came with iirc, now im going to ahve to fins pic of my old GLH lol.

I need a decal set soon, theres a seller on ebay also a set available from FWD performance, ill look into that vendor.

I love the gold, i just got a pic of it and saw it for the first time in teh sun, its very nice. Ive had two GLH's, and both were gold, no sure how i did that. lol

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hey Todd:

Around here Omni grilles are very scarce so I run the Horizon style too!!

I only have 1 NOS Omni style stashed away.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Here are a couple reference pics for you. Car had only 16K miles on it, so it is correct for sure. Omni grille was horizontal while Horizon grille was vertical. PM me if you need any other reference pics for stuff like decals or whatever.
Did you reset those taillights in the butyl rope? Toughest part is getting the taillights out and all the butyl cleaned off. That stuff is messy and pretty sticky to work with.
Once gain, nice job!

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes sir, the old butyl came off ok, layed new rope in the channels and popped them back in.

My decal set is on its way!

Ive been working the last couple days scuffing and refinishing the body mouldings. Removing the "GLH Turbo" and the side stripe is a bitch.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the new belt moulding material in today, just some universal 3/4" black, glossier than i would prefer but it came out nice, also bought a GLH decal set from Graphic Express, said it was a certified Mopar resoration item, but the Text decals were about 1/3rd scale, seller is returning them, i may try the ones feom FWD. Does anyone have experience with them? They look to be correctly sized.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cleaned up and painted the bumper caps with some trim black, came out perfect. Also ordered new regulator bushings.

Installed a few squared of Dynomat on the inside of the roof to keep the tin can sound dow, holy crap this was a huge improvment!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts