Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Also found a place local for wheel restorations, came out amazing. Couldnt be happier, free pick up and delivery. Company called Perfection Wheel out of Huntington, IN.
Hopefully when they CNC'd the wheels they recessed where the cap sits. A good friend of mine had his 86 GLHS wheels restored like yours, then his center caps stuck out too far! :surprise:
I'd check fitment of your caps on all 4 wheels.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Something I like to do is add 2 more roof braces, they were left out at the last minute.

The spots are there for them, no cutting or welding.

The only problem is you need to find 2 junk cars to steal them from.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hopefully when they CNC'd the wheels they recessed where the cap sits. A good friend of mine had his 86 GLHS wheels restored like yours, then his center caps stuck out too far! :surprise:
I'd check fitment of your caps on all 4 wheels.
You were right thoight! They didnt machine the cap seats, although mine just sit maybe .020" higher, no big deal. They didnt remove much material.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Oh that looks sweet! Keep her happy and safe!
All those similar looking SUVs out there (in D, being aimed) aren't going to know what it was that zoomed past 'em!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Building the hitch and installation. Of coarse I couldnt find the OE hit that used to exist for these cars so i have to improvise, turns out the VW rabbit hich works perfectly, with slight finessing of the very rear of the spare tire well. Also upgraded and enlarged all the bumper hardware.

Also cut off the "tab" that was there for the ball to bolt too and replaces it with a 1.25" receiver tube. Had a friend who works for a trailer mfg weld it together wit his Jesus Welders. Works perfectly and tows my teardrop camper and carries my basket with ease.

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Re=wrapped my headliner board, Local fabric shop had the material, cost about $40.

Also upgraded the cluster bulbs to 5k LEDs, very cool mod, changes from green to a turqois color.

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Installed a fine set of Chineasium coilovers and dropped him down. As expected the springs with the kit are entirely too stiff, something around the 400 in/lb arear from what i read. Bought a new set of 180 in/lb springs from Landrum here in Indiana. Rides perfect now, so much nicer but still a firm quality. The fronts are still the heavy springs but do ok. Will change them out for 250 lb.in later on.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 42 Posts