Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Autos Insider:

GM sues Avanti Motors, claims Hummer trademark infringement

DETROIT -- General Motors Corp. has filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against Avanti Motor Corp., saying Avanti's new Studebaker XUV too closely resembles GM's Hummer H2 sport utility vehicle.

GM said in a statement Friday that the Studebaker XUV, which debuted Friday at the Chicago Auto Show, "knocks off and misappropriates the shape" of the Hummer H2.

GM trademark attorney Charles Ellerbrock said "the Studebaker XUV is so similar to the H2 that the public will be confused by the knock off of the H2.

"GM will not allow its world-famous trademark rights to be violated," he said.

Georgia-based Avanti said Friday that an official statement from owner Michael Kelly would be released Monday from the Chicago show.

GM is seeking a preliminary injunction enjoining Avanti Motors from manufacturing, advertising, and selling the Studebaker XUV.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
COPY CATS

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE COPY CATS, SOMEONE OR A CORPORATION COMES OUT WITH A GOOD IDEA AND IT TAKES OFF. SO THE OTHER COMPANIES OR PEOPLE TRY TO GET A PIECE OF THE ACTION OR CASH.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
:\ It's just a BOX on wheels, how can any body claim they designed a BOX? Big deal, I drew boxes on wheels in 1st grade!!! That was a long long time ago.

·
Registered
679 Posts
goldenturtle said:
:\ It's just a BOX on wheels, how can any body claim they designed a BOX? Big deal, I drew boxes on wheels in 1st grade!!! That was a long long time ago.
My thought exactly! Except I was thinkin' brick instead of box. And I'm beginning to think that a lot of makers are slapping their names on the cars just so you can tell them apart!

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
goldenturtle said:
If you only patented your drawings, you'd be a millionaire now. :}

1 - 11 of 11 Posts