Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally got a tuesday off to go see what the car will do. shew finally. i had the car on a gtech once and best i got was [email protected] with a 2.4 60 foot. mods are turbo 2 engine , stock mitus turbo, and a555 trans, stage 2 fwd cal 14psi,turbo 2 injectors, stock turbo 2 intercooler, 2.5" intercooler piping with talon first gen bov and an open element cone filter with a scoop going to the bumper for fresh air and gutted cat and 2.5" glasspack muffler. im thinking if i can get high 14's ill be happy. what do you guys think? il report back here my results when i get home.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Good luck my friend!!!! I always enjoy seeing T's on the track (since i own two T's). I was able to squeeze 8.7 seconds @ 80mph (8th mile, which should be high 13's in the 1/4) with my CSXT. And that was with the stock T1 engine, 520 trans, stock everything else other than extra fuel via AFR, dodge intercooler, 17psi boost via grainger, 2.5" exhaust (no cat, straight through muffler), M&H slicks and a few suspension tweaks.

Get some video footage please!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha damn i didnt think bout that. sux they are only open on tuesday and thursday nights though. :( ......... that would be kinda ironic though. it doesnt start running right i may wait till i get the garret and 3" on there. ill try and get some videotape if possible.

BadAssPerformance said:
Good luck! ... btw, you should go on Wednesday... race car #511 on 5/11 !!!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow i have to say i was impressed more then i thought. i was expecting mid 15's or something my first time out. first run of the night was a [email protected] with an awful 2.7 60 foot. (was first try!lol) second run was a little better. ran [email protected] with 2.5 60 foot. third run and last one before i had to leave i was very proud of me and car. [email protected] with 2.3 60 foot. oh man i knew i nailed the launch pretty damn good that last run. i was so happy! i couldnt beleive it! :) i am now proud to say i have a 14 second street car :)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
coolest thing was the guy i raced when i ran the 14 was a early 90's awd laser. he got me bad outta the hole. his 60 foot had to be like 1.8 or something cause he killed me bad. but i ran him down right at the end before the traps and pulled ahead. i ran my 14.8 to his 15.1. i beleive his car was stock though but still. and man no one knew what on earth the car was. there was like 500 people asking about it. and one guy argued me up and down that carroll shelby never built a dodge. maybe it was cause his honda only ran a 17 lol. haters.

BadAssPerformance said:
Good job! More practice, maybe better tires, and you'll get some better 60's and it will be a low 14 second street car!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts