So I came about a spot of a problem. I tested the Holset wastegate and it is either a 2.5 bar or 3 bar can. Obviously that's not going to cut it. So I will be grafting a large can from one of our garrets on.
Hurdle #1: create a mounting solution.
Hurdle #2: build new linkage that fits the tight confines between the turbo and intake manifold.
I like the adjustable actuator on the Holset unit, but it is too darn chunky. I made a new actuator rod from a .25" stainless rod and piece of 1/8" stainless sheet that I had In the garage.
This setup Fits pretty well without touching or catching anything.
Tomorrow I'll attack the mount as well as Frankensteining onto the Garrett can.
So, what are yalls thoughts. The actuator "flag" has changed the geometry of the actuator linkage, which reduces the total needed stroke of the actuator. This reduces leverage of the actuator can, thus reduces the amount of force the exhaust gasses will need to exert to push the flapper open themselves...
1) extend the actuator a good 1/2 through its stroke when I weld it all up to maximize the effect of its internal spring.
2) weld a seat to the actuator rod that will let me put springs in between the can and the rod so I can increase spring pressure if required.