Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im out in southeastern mass, have a sweet unmolested, not one spot of rust 91 daytona iroc ( 2.5 HT) in my backyard that i found in switzerland. (was imported by a dodge dealer in warwick ri to zurich, ran carfax is how i found out.)

car has 96k on it and it has a little blowby starting. runs great but thump the boost and its blowin it out the dipstick tube and the compression is getting a little low.

problem is.. i cant find a mechanic around here to save my very ass. not too many know these engines very well. last argument i had with a guy was..."they never made a turbo daytona" UGH

gone thru like 3 of em in the past. horror stories for all, swapped rod caps, faulty machining.. you name it it has happened.

was wondering if anybody has bought a remanufactured engine from a company that turned out to be good. there are several available online jasper being one. Hiperformer another. but they both use pistons i dont like and they wont change the build. i work my ass off i dont have time to go and get one built myself and as i said above ive tried and had it not turn out well.

i wanted to convert the car to a 16v but i dont have the time.. and i think id just buy an srt4 if i went 16v unless i could just find a nice hybrid that somebody has built already and is drop in ready.

car is way too nice to let go.

looking for information on a super-reputable mechanic in the ma/ri/ct area.

any information would be great and id thank you in advance. cash isnt my problem. time is. if u have a hybrid engine for sale it means you have receipts so.. you know the deal there and i know these cars rather well and id be very interested.

id also trade the car for a good shape hybrid powered TD of the 91+ era. i dont want a t3 car. parts are way to scarce for me to play there. i dont like cars without the pdc.. the rats nest fusible links have pained me in the past. but i am flexible. im also not in a rush but id like to have this daytona reliable by midsummer at least. i drive a supercharged comp g grand prix right now and it is NOT good on gas. sorry for the rant but i trust you get my drift.

email me at [email protected] i dont get here very often but you can PM me also.

thanks in advance!!!!!!

· Registered
1,904 Posts
Not sure how far you want to drive but in southern maine you have a machine shop called Butler-McMaster that are one of the best engine builder in the north west. You will pay for their work, I promise you that. They bought a new torque plate last time they did my engine. There is also a TD guy there that is a machinest. He goes by directconnection on the boards. You also have Cliff R. that is very well known in this arena and he is in Mass. Good luck with the car.

· Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
maines no problem my parents live up there

i know cliff well, lives in Enfield CT, but is he still building engines???

thanks for the time to reply i appreciate it

what town is butler mcmaster in???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.