Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a 3.3 96 Dodge Caravan sport. I want to upgrade a bit. I'm going to do a CAI first. The 3.0 is able to take a 60mm from the Jeep. Can this be done on the 3.3 I don't mind porting to match. What about header options...are there any. Plan to make a true dual anyways. The ecu will be done with megasquirt but which one do I get. And what else do I need to get with it. Like adapters and such. Then transmission options. Is there a 5 speed option. If not a stronger auto.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
It was tongue in cheek. Truthfully, there's really not too much that you can do with it. Shelby made a Can-Am 3.3 that was really incredible. There's good article over on Allpar about it. I have seen one on a dyno and it was impressive. But, the production 3.3, although very reliable, is not a great starting point for modifying. There is a possible manual solution, in the 2.7 Stratus, but I do not believe that anyone has ever successfully done it. There are old threads floating around here discussing it. There have been a few successful 3.3/3.8 swaps done into Daytonas though. There may be some Jeep stuff out there because a version of that engine was used in Wranglers for years.

·
CoupleOvans
1,683 Posts
Proper intake, 58mm TB, and a good exhaust system will open it up quite a bit.
Outside of that, you'll have to custom make anything you want.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Here you go my dude. Something I've been working on.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YPN3qPaCPzgakVG4cylm-e_rr7gtCTRD7hN4oyWi1qg

To get some more power... You'll need a few things.

1. A tune, you can asked Syked or Flyin' Ryan Performance if they can tune your vehicle.
2. A cam, stock cam is built for low down torque and longevity.
3. You can swap the 2001+ heads and intake on with new gaskets to get 10.5:1 compression instead of the 9:1 you have now or so.
4. Ported throttle body to.

There's more crap, even going to turbo charging which would be a huge power increase.

Feel free to join the Facebook group I made for it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/F241287633277446

6g72, feel free to join too...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts