Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a 89 Omni that was fuel injected and put in a older motor that has the 4 bolt crank instead up the 5 bolt in the 89 and I put a B&m supercharger on the the older motor with a 4412 2 barrel Holley carb with 7.5 power value and 70 size jets. I left the factory wiring in the car taped back the plugs and wires I didn’t need. My peck timing was 36degrees at 3800 rpm but playing it safe I set the timing to 25degrees at 3800rpm. When I’m in Fifth gear and I lay into it after about 3 seconds it starts to miss and sputtering I got my fuel pressure regulator set to 6 psi. Any input will be a great help and thank you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an air fuel ratio gauge on order seems to be fine in first second and then when I go up a steep hill third fourth and fifth it will skip and sputter but only in the high rpms

·
Premium Member
9,006 Posts
not much to go on here but my initial thought is lack of fuel flow, pump, filter, lines..
but could also be spark not adequate for the high-load situation

once yu have yur a/f gauge on we'll know a lot more

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I use that the stock electric fuel pump with a regulator though about turning up to like 7 or 8 psi

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only other thing that I do not have hooked up is the map sensor I wasn’t sure if I needed that seems how I converted it back to like a old school set up or do I need that hooked up to fake the computer

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can anybody tell me what this round plug is closest to the head on the intake of the supercharger I would assume it is a pressure valve of some sort but I can’t seem to find any information on it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts