Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can take a pic if needed. But it looks like a filter or restricter built into the top of it. Anybody seen these before?

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
just a screen to keep big crap that could be in your lines from getting into your turbo and destroying it. Either way you can leave it or remove it, not a huge issue. I would also use new SS lines with a new turbo....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just a screen to keep big crap that could be in your lines from getting into your turbo and destroying it. Either way you can leave it or remove it, not a huge issue. I would also use new SS lines with a new turbo....
Done and done ;)

What about the need of a restrictor? Internally restricted I assume?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to hear!

Just wanted to note: Out of many forums I have been to (Many, I say again), this is one of the most useful, knowledgeable, and most mature. Thank you guys for that.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Good to hear!

Just wanted to note: Out of many forums I have been to (Many, I say again), this is one of the most useful, knowledgeable, and most mature. Thank you guys for that.
This forum is GREAT because of its people.:thumb: BM dot com is great for its FAQ's.:) T-M dot com sucks in every way, as far as I can tell.:mad:

·
RECORD HOLDER 11second mini
726 Posts
FYI - Removing that screen voids the warranty :eek:

It normally has a red sealer spot at the base of that screen fitting.....this is to let Turbonetics know if the fitting has been tampered with at all. If the sealed spot has been broken.....they know the fitting was removed which voids the warranty ;)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't have a warranty anyways... but obviously it should be there for a reason!

Funny thing is, My order from TU came in today w/ a catalog. Page like 3-4 had a picture of that filter and a paragraph on it! Go figure!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I don't have a warranty anyways... but obviously it should be there for a reason!
QUOTE]

yeah so it could clog up and cause your turbo to shred and seize sending fun bits to get sucked up by your oil pump... :p
I would say give it regular maintainance and you should be good.

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
This forum is GREAT because of its people.:thumb: BM dot com is great for its FAQ's.:) T-M dot com sucks in every way, as far as I can tell.:mad:
I aggree accept for that there are some good people on T-M and there are some more venders or different vendors there. Easier to find tyler or TU, but thats about it. The people that run that forum are the problem, but hey they just erase my posts there anyway :thumb:

BM is the new dodgegarage. They not only list the different faqs but they even show pictures :) For those of us that don't get it from talking lol.

TD is the oldest forum with the most people and the most that has happened. Like a computer though knowing everything about DOS doesn't help you. Running 35 PSI of boost with a big valve head and a stock 1 piece is about the same thing as talking about DOS. Right up there with Grainger valves. But TD has been there through all the changes, and now people that have a problem with change here are gone. Now a large range of info than before can be found here.

So I don't much like TM either but to each there own.

BM for faqs and friendly BS and extreme swapping.
T_M for finding some vendors and lame BS even regarding marrage LMAO
TD for hashing over the new mods and the old mods and the future mods. TD is also from the looks of things going to be a restoration forum as the cars get older.

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
QUOTE]

yeah so it could clog up and cause your turbo to shred and seize sending fun bits to get sucked up by your oil pump... :p
I would say give it regular maintainance and you should be good.
An issue with many turbo people, they are very young and young is harder than before. Many schools don't even have autoshop now. Dads are either not there or don't know what a spark plug is, EX hippy. I have many younger people that work for me and see it allot, maybe too many need to unplug lol. I like to blow out my turbo lines and clean things down to get the crud out of them. I've watched younger guys change a turbo laying in the dirt in bad weather. That screen needs to be there for those in a big hurry, many it just doesn't matter. I was young once too and I have gone back over my work I did as a kid. It is scary. At 19 leaving the line very slowly with my big heavy Challenger I ran [email protected] MPH. But the wiring was stripped and tied, whats a butt connector? I have always known how to make power, but my wiring made my cars a rolling electrical fire :drinking: This type of thing is a reason they need to have that screen there. So Turbonetics doesn't have to pay for people learning the hard way, as much..

·
Banned
1,765 Posts
So I don't much like TM either but to each there own.
thats cause the knowledgeable members there call you out when you spout lies and made up stuff.....

Brian

1 - 20 of 29 Posts