Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm pretty new to turbo dodges and I recently acquired an engine that came out of a '87 daytona and was supposedly rebuilt. I'm wondering if I could get some help in determining if it has any T2 internals or not.

I have some pics here to help:

It looks like the crank is cast but I'm not so sure about the piston and rods.

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
That crank does not look to be forged. What is the date on the back of the block and do you have the head off to get another look at the pistons. They do not look to be aftermarket forged.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to get a closer look at the rods tonight with a mirror and found the part #, 4323958. I believe they are T2 rods which was really my main concern, everything will be fine for I plan to do with the car. :brows:

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
Probably no biggie but I'd almost bet they are 84-85 big rods which are basically the same as T2 rods but thet use a pressed pin. My reasoning is I've never seen an aftermkt cast piston that had provision for pin locks. Maybe someone makes them I don't know for sure. Still it'll be okay-- to me pin locks are just something else to fail and they only make the pistons easier to change during a rebuild.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts