Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Mr. Moderator
8,952 Posts
the vert is just starting to bubble around the edges...
My vert I am selling is solid as it came from the factory...
And I hope my rockers and floors on my laser are as solid as they look and hopefully don't look like that.
whats the fate of that car?
What car is it?

· Registered
1992 dodge shadow es turbo
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the vert is just starting to bubble around the edges...
My vert I am selling is solid as it came from the factory...
And I hope my rockers and floors on my laser are as solid as they look and hopefully don't look like that.
whats the fate of that car?
What car is it?
It's a 1993 Plymouth Duster body with complete 89 turbo shadow powertrain, interior, and wiring. Hasn't been undercoated since new, and has been stored inside for the last 4 winters (lol it could be much more rusty) Nasty stuff hides beneath those ground effects......
I'll post some pics of the finished repairs as it comes together.

· Mr. Moderator
8,952 Posts
yay its getting saved. I hate to see these cars getting slimmer and slimmer by the day get tossed because of rust. There a dime and doZen now but 10 years from now that won't be the case.

· Banned
1,112 Posts
man i feel pretty fortunate that neither one of my TD's has and rust at all above or below. only my shadow had rust, but it was surface rust of the roof because of the peeling paint. a day with a d/a and some naval jelly took care of it.
both my cars have well over 200K miles on them too.

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
wow, looking at those pics makes me feel a little bad for deciding to part my spirit rt due to rust.

· Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
great to see another P body on the mend :)

what will you be doing to keep the rocker area from rusting on the backside (where its not accessible for complete refinishing)
Drilled and rust checked like my 94 shadow I had, the rockers stayed in mint condition

· Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
More Pics, my work is almost done. Just need to mount the drivers side ground effects, then going for paint maybe as soon as next week.......
should look good once it's 07 charger sublime green.

Attachments

· Registered
2,295 Posts
watching the powerblock, i learned they make a product called weld-through zinc primer.

you could coat all the metal with that before welding it together! you could drill a couple holes in the top of the rocker panels (under the doors) like they do when they ziebard a car so that you can dump oil or spray in somekind of rust inhibiting product from time to time! remember that the cowl area of our cars drains through the rocker panels! also, don't plug the drain holes or weld them shut as that will cause rust to come on faster because the water gets trapped!

· Registered
2,433 Posts
Did you get it painted yet?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.