Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a dodge spirit 89 TI with a mitsu turbo.

how hard is it to swap and can i do it my self i dont know alot about turbos or this car i am mechannically inclined and have connection to a awesome garage with everything i think i would need but i dont know how to do it or how long it would take i use this car every day and i just want to make it more fun to drive around and i know my turbo sucks so i want something that will last untuill my car poops out (it has alot of miles)lol

i am doing alot of other work i have a oil and coolant leak looks like oil is commin from oil pressure sensor and some where in the passenger side of the engine i havent looked to closely yet i am getting a estimate on cost in a few weeks i assume i am leaking coolant from old hoses ect. it has alot of work to go but it runs and drives great and i dont think its internals are in too bad of shape i picked it up for about 600$ and i have alot of money to put into it soon like about 1000 to 2000 with sound and interior

putting better ignition system and plugs also exhaust and intercooler if i decide to put in this turbo i want some info from people who know whats up and i want to know how much i have to take off of my engine to do it

im looking for something that prefferably just bolts on when i have all the parts

·
Premium Member
9,104 Posts
google the various web pages and threads which cover this swap

this swap would be considered a 'bolt-in' ; there is no fabrication or special tools

however it is often difficult due to the age and decay of exhaust related components; most TD'ers would suggest pulling the whole head to replace either the turbo or exh. mani. - unless maybe if that work has been recently done

IIRC the oil feed line is a bit different between the 2 turbos

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know any thing about the recent work besides that some one said i have a newer head and i dont know what shape the manifold is in is there some where i can buy a new manifold

1 - 3 of 3 Posts