Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Get a FREE Carfax report right now -- Yes it is completely free with no strings attached!

Go to the following link:
http://www.nbc4.com/money/1991367/detail.html

Click the Carfax ad halfway down the left side of the screen.

Answer a few general questions, then submit the VIN of the car you'd like a report on.

Hope everybody gets a chance to check this out before the free offer ends! :)

PT Dave

·
Registered
548 Posts
Doesn't seem to do anything. The link on the NBC4 page is dead.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Both of my cars are direct from the factory, so I know the history. :) I did use them a few years ago for a used car I bought. Useful, but it doesn't list minor accidents. After I got the report, and bought the car, I realized that it was repainted, and there was broken glass under the carpet.

So, take the report with a grain of salt. It's useful, but doesn't always give the entire story.....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for the link. But I dont know how accurate Carfax is (better than nothing I guess). Amy bought a 1988 Dodge Shadow brand new off the lot. A few years ago some high school kid smashed in to the side of it and it was totaled. The estimate was exactly what the car was worth. Long story short we bought back the car from the insurance company and got it fixed (hardly any out of pocket expense - almost broke even). BUT Carfax did not list any severe accidents and stated no police recorded accidents. The problem with the Carfax report is that the accident was reported to the police, otherwise the insurance would not have covered it.

GOOD NEWS! This 1988 DODGE SHADOW (VIN # deleted) has had no severe accidents reported to CARFAX from a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). This vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Certified History, a guarantee worth up to $5,000.
This 1988 DODGE SHADOW (VIN # deleted) has had no accident indicators reported to CARFAX. CARFAX receives accident indicator information from many sources, continues to expand its coverage, and recommends a vehicle inspection by your dealer or professional mechanic.
No Police Accident Record Reported

·
Registered
254 Posts
It had the correct info on my Cruiser.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts