Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Yes, my mom was worried because that's where my brother lives. She finally got a hold of him and he did not go!

It's so sad. Those poor people, I can't even imagine. :(

·
Registered
334 Posts
i had a choice between the R.I show and the manchester Nh show when i got my ticks .........looks like i will not be going to manchester either.....a buddy of mine was going to the RI show last night.....but luckily had to stay at work ....thank god for work sometimes ....prayers and well wishes to all victims and their families :(

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
That is sooo sad! I wonder which one is lying about whether the pyrotechnics were okayed ahead of time; the band, or the hotel owners? x(

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Well cokebear, not sure how true this is, but I read elsewhere that another club is saying that Great White used the pyrotechnics previously at their club without permission.

Either way, someone's got to take the blame. :(

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Blame aside. I have met those guys and they were cool people to me.. And nobody deserves this... :'(

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
You met them? Cool! I saw them, gosh, I can't remember what year it was! Probably very early 90's. They opened for The Scorpions at the now demolished Capital Centre in Largo MD.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
I still have hearing damage from the Scorpions. 8*

The count just keeps climbing.... And the video looks like most of the shows I have been too... Except for the pyro :(

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Thats right near me.
Can't believe how many people died.
Was up to 96 tonight

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
No one is admitting okaying the pyrotechnics.
Case closed. They were used and lit the place up in 3 minutes and now there are nearly 100 dead people and more than that in hospitals between RI and MA.
Some one has to accept a little responsibility for this. Who gives a rats ass if they are a 80's big hair band.
In a small state like RI you feel every loss, esp like this.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
PT Blueman said:
No one is admitting okaying the pyrotechnics.
Case closed. They were used and lit the place up in 3 minutes and now there are nearly 100 dead people and more than that in hospitals between RI and MA.
Some one has to accept a little responsibility for this. Who gives a rats ass if they are a 80's big hair band.
In a small state like RI you feel every loss, esp like this.
I agree, someone has to admit to blame here...too many lives were lost and a lot clinging on to life. But, at the same time, I feel for the band too. If it was not the clubs fault, then it's the band managers (or whoever is in charge of setting up things) fault, but everyone will blame the band members. They're going through the same loss as everyone else right now. It's all on their shoulders AND they lost a band member/friend.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I see JR's website says, "All shows are currently on hold". I heard today on local news their show was still scheduled to go on in OKC next month....I have a hard time believing that. 8o

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Yeah, me too YLE. Especially since their guitarist is still missing, presumably dead. :( And with possible lawsuits, who knows what will happen.

I sent an email to Jack Russell, don't know if he'll actually see it or reply.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts