Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was drivin around yesterday and i missed a shift into second, since then i'm getting some grinding downshifting into second, but not when i'm upshifting. I was gonna check out the linkages and clutch cable but i don't know if that'll be it..... any ideas (i have a spare a525 but i really don't wanna put it in) thanks

·
Registered
676 Posts
Mine is hard to get into second gear sometimes when downshifting, but no grinding. I think my gearshift linkage needs adjusting.

Vaughn

·
BAD SELLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2,064 Posts
I have this exact same problem with my 568. I missshifted 2nd and now once car gets warm, it grinds into 2nd if I shift fast and when downshifting. I belive I blew the syncro out. I was just going to post and see if there is any type of trans medic or thicker fluid to use to help quiet it down some.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hey, how about telling us what your driving? What transmission is has? How many miles on it? Please if you want help, provide some information.

Cliff Ramsdell
'86 GLHS 065 Going back to stock "appearing"
'29 Model A, 239 flathead V-8, 3 speed
[email protected]
http://www.members.aol.com/mopartek/home.html

"Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting...Holy Shit!! What a Ride!!"

STPVIPER said:
hey i was drivin around yesterday and i missed a shift into second, since then i'm getting some grinding downshifting into second, but not when i'm upshifting. I was gonna check out the linkages and clutch cable but i don't know if that'll be it..... any ideas (i have a spare a525 but i really don't wanna put it in) thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts