Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am having a problem with my 88csx. Ran fan wire direct and it shorted out the fuse box and melted some wires. I rewired them and ran if for a few weeks. Today I get a no start while driving down the road. No spark and just a touch of fuel for a second. I can pull no codes as I wired some wires to a switch box. I have a replacement harness to install someday. It seems like the way I wired it the key stays on unless I disconnect the battery. I have a quick disconnect and sometimes I leave it connected for 2 days before it kills the battery. This has a basic 88 turbo 1 motor now. I think I have a s 60 computer in there 3 bar and some other stuff. The check engine light was always on running this set up. Do i have the asd and which one is it? No voltage at coil right now.
Thanks for your help. I need the car for work as the 98 neon rt is down too.

·
Registered
345 Posts
The S60 computer won't work with your engine properly, so you should remove that first. On the low boost setting, your car will run slower than it would with the stock computer anyway. The reason you have the check engine light on is that you probably don't have a charge air temp sensor because the 88 CSXT's were not equipped with them. You have an ASD relay, and it's one of the square black relays on the driver's side fender. One is for the AC clutch, the other is the ASD relay. You can switch them around if you want to troubleshoot the relay. Otherwise, you could have blown a fusable link under the hood (there's a thread somewhere about how to repair these) or else your wiring is shot.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok

Thanks I found the asd relay. Can I jump it somehow? there's 4 wires going to it. Some have juice. Looks like the connector was torn apart at sometime and replaced with just slide on connectors and not sure which one is what.

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you want to jump the relay, make a jumper wire with male spade terminals in each end and put each spade terminal into the female end of each of the two large gage wires. The smaller wires are for the coil, and the thick wires are for the power transmission.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts