Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to convert my 87 S.C. back to equal length drive shafts. Some dork put a unequal set-up on my car. I have everything except the hanger.
thanks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
What transmission are you using??
I have one with bracket and shaft for a A525
also make sure there is the right trans in there
i just finshed pullind them in ,and equel shaft was short due to a A465 trans
for a carb car
mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Silver Shelby I'm using a 555 in my car. Would that be ok?, is the 525 shaft different?.
I'm trying to get the piece that fits onto the intermediate shaft then bolts to the underside or the block. I'm not an expert with this but someone told me I need that piece. Force Fed, ya my setup works but I want a little less torque steer and also want it back to original.

·
Registered
474 Posts
hey doesnt an a555 have a larger diamater shaft where it goes into the trans also the hanger is different than your shelby charger i have a few of the 87 up a555 style i also may have an l body hanger w jack shaft the a 555 hanger bolts from the side while the a-525 bolts in from the top thanks brian

·
Registered
304 Posts
you will need a shaft from a a555 car like a shelby daytona or a lebaron with a A523 or a A555
the shafts are different .as he said the hanger mount is different too
if i can i'll post a pic of mine
good luck
mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh crap...that might explain when I take a sharp right slow turn I hear and feel a little clunk.
My car has the unequal shaft going into the a555. I didn't put it in, but I sure do know who did.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I have a couple of those brackets from a 525 trans $10 plus shipping.
Hey Mike,
Do you have the just the hanger or with the bearing and jack shaft? Looks like Dan needs the 555 larger spline style. If they are L-body with the bearing, I'll take them.
Thanks,

·
Registered
304 Posts
I will look
I think i need the one i have stuck on a axel for my turbo mini van project
but i'll ask around also
mike

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks mike, if you can send a pic that would be great. I was just wondering how do you deal with the issue of the lower trans support bracket on the L body once the a555 is swaped in. The support on the trans and the support on the body or K-frame don't line up. I have a "dogbone" style but it is barley doing any kind of bracing. I have it bolted beside with one nut going through and I just noticed the bolt pulled through the rubber on the dogbone and now is ready for scrap... grrrrrr

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I will look
I think i need the one i have stuck on a axel for my turbo mini van project
but i'll ask around also
mike
22dodge (another Mike) What do you have for L-body hanger bearings, jack shafts? Looking to kill two birds with one stone:p Two mikey's on one thread. Who woulda thunk?:D

·
Registered
474 Posts
hey sorry havent responded sooner i probably have the whole axle with hanger and bracket my daytona is an 86 c.s with the old a 525 style i will check tommorow and e mail you back thanks again brian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts