Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feb.22, 1986 I bought my Black 1986 Omni Turbo and its in my garage today!!
Its been a great ride and after I installed the complete Super 60 system in 1997 it became even better.

Thanks
Randy

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
That would be awesome. Have to get together some night for pizza n Gatorade. Im sure you know a place up your way. Make a good excuse to get away for a day. Plus theres the wreckers upnin Edmonton. Thays usually a good time too.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Really. Well that could be a day well spent. Pull some parts and hear some of your awesome car stories.
I can hardly wait.
Be a good chance to get some of your engine building tips too. You seem to have all sorts of knowledge about these cars.

·
Administrator
24,342 Posts
Feb.22, 1986 I bought my Black 1986 Omni Turbo and its in my garage today!!
Thanks
Randy
A couple of words I have an issue with...
"bought" and "it".
I prefer to use the words "Adopted" and "She".
Cars have Feelings too.

I do not remember the exact day in 12/89 I brought my "baby" home but I do celebrate her birthday every year.

Congrats on your Long Lasting Relationship and Love Affair.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Really. Well that could be a day well spent. Pull some parts and hear some of your awesome car stories.
I can hardly wait.
Be a good chance to get some of your engine building tips too. You seem to have all sorts of knowledge about these cars.
Looking forward to an afternoon junkyarding & B.S'ng!!!

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A couple of words I have an issue with...
"bought" and "it".
I prefer to use the words "Adopted" and "She".
Cars have Feelings too.

I do not remember the exact day in 12/89 I brought my "baby" home but I do celebrate her birthday every year.

Congrats on your Long Lasting Relationship and Love Affair.
I appreciate the kind words Jan, and you hit the nail on the head.
Some unknown force that I couldn't resist drew me into the dealership and directly to this car. Everyone who knew me thought I was buggy buying a new Dodge Omni as I was into muscle and sports cars at the time. Right away I knew this car was special so I named him Horace, in honor of Horace Dodge.
A bond between metal and blood was formed and is still alive today. I'm sure you can understand.

Funny thing, I just looked at the build, or Birth date as you would say, and its Jan, 22 ,1986, exactly one month prior to my Feb, 22, 1986 adoption!!!

Thanks
Randy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts