Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fan took a crap a while ago. The frame work for it is specific to the car(92 r/t), the fan motor is the same as a bunch of others. This is the radiator fan. anybody taken one apart that can tell me how to get it out of hte frame? i took the clip off the inside, 3 screws, what else do i need? do i need a puller of some sort? this is on a slim fan from a 3.0 Acclaim

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
are we talking about getting the blade off the fan? If so I have seen 2 types. One uses a nut and the shaft has 2 flat sides the blades key to. The nut is left handed threads and once removed a little penetrating oil and the blades will work off. The other uses a clip. The motor shaft has a roll pin through the shaft that keys the fan blades on. Again a little penetrating oil and the blades should come off after the clip is removed. If were not talking about what I just wrote got a picture?
Tim

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I was out looking at mine today because of this thread. Pop the clip off and pull the blades off. Unbolt the 3 screws and pull the motor out of the frame. What part of that isn't working? it the blaed are messed up they might be difficult to get off.
Tim

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Bfh!

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i took the screws out and the clip off, blades wont come off. thats the problem i'm having, dont know why, but but it doesnt wna come apart

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pain in the rear. i did it and changed the motors. i dont recommend it.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
what was the problem with getting the blades off? I've taken 2 off latley and they came right off.
Tim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts