Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link , I saw the ones Fwd performance have , I;m trying to find someone who;s done the swap and has all the orginal functions of the car. California has stupid tight smog restrictions

·
Registered
1984 Dodge Rampage Turbo
99 Posts
I am currently gathering parts to do a 2.4 conversion on my Rampage. There is some interest in 2.4 swaps, I do not know if anyone else that is offering swap harnesses. Have you called and talked to Cindy? They seem to be pretty accommodating.

·
Registered
1984 Dodge Rampage Turbo
99 Posts
Interesting... I tried calling three times last Friday, left a lengthy voicemail and to call back. I said I was interested in 2.4 conversion parts... and crickets. 🤷‍♂️. I posted on here, Turbo Mopar, SRT forums, 2GN forums as I had a questions about 2.4 ECU and conversion questions...🦗🦗. It has been frustrating finding information on swaps, or finding anyone interested or engaging to move forward.

I did find one member who does alot of ECU work on Mopar stuff, found his name at PT Forums, "Myckee". He might know what to do. I have not reached out to him yet, got alot on my plate for other projects. Here is a link to the thread.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link , i will check it out. definitely not like when i did the turbo 2 swap on my rampage you could find info everywhere. This swap not a lot of info is posted, unless you want to build a drag car or off road vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
you do know you could save a lot of work and simply put the 2.4 head on the existing 2.2 ..right?
then no messing with engine mounts or transmissions and I think you also get the better lower end & 0-E trans combo

and you should remember too the avenger head puts the intake at the back ,exhaust up front ..if that helps

·
Registered
1984 Dodge Rampage Turbo
99 Posts
you do know you could save a lot of work and simply put the 2.4 head on the existing 2.2 ..right?

:unsure: That would be silly, 'save work?!'

Actually I have read a little bit about it, thought it was not so popular anymore. I would really like to know the process, what is involved, and steps to make it happen. Just unsure of intake manifold for a L-body, since SRT intakes are too wide. Have read somewhere where you can use a Gen 1 Neon intake on 2.4 head, but I am unsure if that actually works.

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
I kinda like the idea of just swappin' the head in the iroc r/t car..eliminates the issues with the o-e head outright .. and being distributor less to start.and the 4v pistons... it should be work able

I have no idea what might or might not fit an l body
I remember you need the timing gear set and external oil returns from the head..and some re-drilling in the head gasket surface..somewhere..but no mounts no lessor than transmission aka neon .. so yeah ..not a bad idea

the less you have to "re-engineer" something the more doable it should be

1 - 14 of 14 Posts