Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was home last Summer, went on a spare parts buying binge in Atlanta...I have a ongoing battle with our friends at Autozone right now...turns out almost HALF of the parts they sold me will not fit my car.
I got onto Autozones internal email contact link, got a prompt reply. Even had two guys in Atlanta (Managers) get with me and offer to buy back all the useless/non fitting parts...we are however at in impasse on the brake parts they sent. They insist they sold me the right ones, and I say hell no! :mad:

Question: Someone that knows Daytona brake systems thru and thru, get with me at: [email protected] so that I may send you pics of whats on the car, and compare what they sent. I only dealt with them because the same parts cost 6 times as much here...

I needed/bought brake parts for my 89 TII Daytona Shelby. What was sold, is anybody's guess...(They also get BADLY wrong my parts for my Cherokee...)
Parts bought at Autozone (pads) were:
Albany Brake shoe company (made in Canada...so blame Canada?)
MKD416 for the fronts, and MKD415 for the backs. (All semi metallic)

My dilemna is, when you compare them to the ones on the Car, the ones purchased have these bizarre spring steel clips on them, that simply no way in hell will fit on my calipers!!

Brake gurus get with me!!

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I think they are possibly right. Everybody changed the spring clip design. The first time I saw the new ones, I was stumped and the parts store was stumped. I played for two hours and all of a sudden I figured it out. You look at it and sya no way in hell the first time.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, its wierd! I showed them to the Chrysler dudes here and they said "No way man!" But what is throwing me for a loop is the crazy huge clip on the pads...mine dont have them, and it just doesnt look like it will fit! Also, differences between TI and TII cars? 89 and 90 Models? I know that 90+ models, that's where all kinds of crazy differences start to show up (Forged vs stamped Aframes for instance...)

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Well, there are two completely different caliper setups for the stock turbo brakes for our cars: Kelsey-Hayes and ATE. Then there is the 11" setup, which I believe is only Kelsey-Hayes. The K-H setups always have a couple of goofy little spring clips that go between the caliper and bracket, which are a bit confusing to put back on. The ATE setup has one large leaf spring to do the same thing. The pads for all three are completely different.

Show us some pics of the old and new and we should be able to tell you what you have and what you were given.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts