Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, has anyone heard about these kinds of HD TVs? Soon I'll be in the market for an HD and I was looking into this batch. Tiny mirror technology sounds pretty good, and I like their prices.

Any HD buffs in here with some help!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
not a buff but what you are talking about is dlp, that stuff was twice the price of mine when I bought my 65in Mitsubishi. Here is a good place to visit:
AVS Forum

btwy, I have been running just normal cable and dvds until last week when I got HD Dvd, very nice!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. Thats a really good site, thank you. But even in there theres like this DLP evangelism going on in some spots... Theres gotta be some truth to it.

Admittedly, my motive is mostly toward playing video games on a DLP screen, which I've heard is the cat's meow.

I'll just have to go check it out this weekend, I spose.

Oh, and speaking of cats -

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
Considering HDTV's pretty much all use HDMI, you can always plug a computer into any HDTV....

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I recently played my friends playstation 3 on a brand new DLP HDTV and it looked GREAT!!!

DLP is the way to go. Light weight too.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Personally, IMO, LCD is the only way to go. Any rear projection T.V. will have a poor viewing angle and, to me, the colors aren't nearly as vibrant. If you want DLP get an actual projector, best bang for the buck. Plasmas are worthless which is why they have been coming down in price. The only think they do better than LCDs is black level, but LCDs are improving on that. Plasmas burn in and don't last very long.

I'm waiting to get an OLED backlit LCD. I see no point to go HD yet as nobody is braodcasting in 1080p yet and HD channels are sparse. I'll with until the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray battle is over and more channels are broadcasting in HD.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I got this BenQ DLP 2000 lumen projector for about $1400. The picture is just as nice as any HD big screen at just shy of 9' in a small room. Room permitting the picture is good to well over 20' in perfect DLP clarity!
Movies have never been sweeter!

Here is my Playstation set-up downstairs. 55" Samsung HD Widescreen. Great TV.
http://stratous.250free.com/Misc/100_0648.jpg

You want a perfect picture...Nothing beats LCD.

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
The new LED DLP is awesome.. And real guru's dont care about viewing angle.. the soundstage is all screwed up sitting at an angle.

:p

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got this BenQ DLP 2000 lumen projector for about $1400. The picture is just as nice as any HD big screen at just shy of 9' in a small room. Room permitting the picture is good to well over 20' in perfect DLP clarity!
Movies have never been sweeter!

Here is my Playstation set-up downstairs. 55" Samsung HD Widescreen. Great TV.
http://stratous.250free.com/Misc/100_0648.jpg

You want a perfect picture...Nothing beats LCD.
Dude that is really *#&$ing sweet. Nice setup. So the projector is DLP and its killer, but the TV is LCD and you say LCD is better for TVs?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts