Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to put an order into TU ASAP but building this G-head, I need to make sure I get the right gaskets for everything (valve seals, headgasket, and valvecover seal). TU has 2 different ones... does anybody know what I should use? I want to use my valve cover off my current head and its going on my 2.5L commonblock for my mini (no cross drill on new head done).

Thanx!
JW

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
dont take my advise too seriously because I dont run an 8valve, but i read alot. The 005 gasket is the "one" to use cross drilled or not AFAIK

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dont take my advise too seriously because I dont run an 8valve, but i read alot. The 005 gasket is the "one" to use cross drilled or not AFAIK
:D Yeah, I asked that one the other day. The problem is, they don't list which head gasket comes with what. On top of that, I do not know if the valve seals are the same between heads/years. Then of course there is the valvecover gasket... not sure what the difference is there either.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Seals are the same I believe. The difference in the VC gasket is between a 1pc and 2pc gasket. I would think that the pre 88 would be the non cross drilled.

Why wouldn't you just call Chris at TU and ask him? Could have had it ordered by now.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Seals are the same I believe. The difference in the VC gasket is between a 1pc and 2pc gasket. I would think that the pre 88 would be the non cross drilled.

Why wouldn't you just call Chris at TU and ask him? Could have had it ordered by now.
I went to the contact section, it was just an email thing. I couldn't find the number (gave up easily though after not seeing it in contact). I wrote in that contact part about 2 days ago? Maybe it was yesterday, memory fails me.

EDIT: I went to their very first page, before the store, and went to contact and found the number there! Thanx guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts