Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the kit from TU to mount the distributor on the cylinder head for over a year and finally last weekend got fed up enough with the factory location to install it. I got the kit installed and coil relocated to the drivers side.

I see the rotor turns in the opposite direction so I reversed the firing order. My question is does anything special have to be done with the HEP?

When I try to start it, I get a few pops and back fires but no amount of advancing or retarding of the distributor gets it to start

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. I don't think Chris even sells these anymore and would know. I made a call to a buddy who has one and says 2 wires on black hep connector need swapped but couldn't remember which 2. I'll give Chris a call tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
I'm assuming this is in a turbo car with a dual HEP distributor? If so, then yes, you are going to have to switch some stuff around. the ECU looks for the signal from one pickup, then the other to synch the injector & ignition timing. With the distritbutor running in reverse, it will never see the correct signal sequence and it won't start or run. My guess is you are going to have to switch HEP connectors so the signal sequence is in the correct order, and at the right time...

·
Banned
1,016 Posts
Not yet. I don't think Chris even sells these anymore and would know. I made a call to a buddy who has one and says 2 wires on black hep connector need swapped but couldn't remember which 2. I'll give Chris a call tomorrow.
How do you modify the distributor? Is there a post with pictures somewhere?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts