Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Does or did anyone make a header for the 4 door car? I know MP made one for the two door - why wouldn't it fit in the 4 door car? What issues are involved? The catalog specifically says the header is for the two door. Why not the 4 door?
I see MP or Direct Connection headers for sale on ebay every so often but I'm not sure if it would work on my 4 door car? Who else makes headers for the Mopar 2.2 - preferably for a 4 door car?

Thanks,

Mike D'Antonio

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Mike,

Is your car a turbo? If so the MP/DC header is for a nonturbo car, either supercharged carb'd car or n/a car. Not too sure about issues with fitting on a 4 door car with the MP header, but you could just use the TBI manifold which turbo people use as an 'equal length' header.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I have one similar to the MP header on my HO horizon. I don't see reason it doesn't fit other than it contacting the firewall a bit, or so says the guy that sold it to me. I didn't drive it long enough to really see what he was talking about, but we're using the header on my MPFI project this summer.

·
Banned
2,548 Posts
The one listed for the 2 door also fits the 4 door. I had one on mine before it was turbo'd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts