Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's looking like I'm either going to have to fabricate my own exhaust headers or modify an exhaust manifold to get my car back on the rode. I've currently got headers on there, but it's gotten progressively louder until it's to the point where I'm afraid I'll burn up an exhaust valve. The exhaust leak is on top of the second pipe over from the passenger side where it bolts onto the block. I'd thought of JB weld as a band-aid fix, but the whole header really needs to be sandblasted and re-coated/ galvanized or chromed to slow down the aging process. I was able to find a link on here for the Hooker headers (part# 520-5707-1HKR, or 520-5707HKR non-coated), but when I called, they said that those parts have been discontinued. I also heard Hedman Headers exist, but are cheaper quality and is likely what I have now. I don't even know what their part number is. Option 3 is Direct Connection Header (part# 4286466 - source: Forum on here, but not sure if it was for my motor), but I'm not able to find anything about that part. Primary tubes are 1.5" from what the Hooker Headers description read. Couldn't I get headers for another vehicle (i.e. Chevy 2.2L, Honda 2.2L ...etc.), and as long as the ports were the same diameter modify them to fit? If anyone has some experience with this your help would be greatly appreciated. Also, how do I search for these parts on this website? I don't think a Turbo Header would work, correct? God bless.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Hooker/520/5707-1/10002/-1

·
Premium Member
8,970 Posts
as I recall, the DC header was the Hooker ..

they break you described is due to engine motion causing strain on the exhaust system,
I had to have mine welded there when I ran them ;)

the header replaced the factory 'ball/socket' outlet which had allowed for such motion ..

stiffer engine mounts, a solid dogbone, or some other 'engine motion limiting' device will be necessary to prevent future occurrence

1 - 2 of 2 Posts