Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello! i have an 84 shelby charger and my headlight/dimmer knob is missing!!! the metal post is in tact and the switch works but i need a knob!!! is it replaceable? which ones are compatable? does anyone have 1? how do i take 1 off??? THANKS in advance!

·
Banned
7,664 Posts
The knob and shaft is typically removed as a set. This can be done by pressing the 'button' that is located on the headlight switch housing. Pressing this button releases the shaft and headlight switch knob.

The knob can be pried off shaft when installed in the car and is more often the not the technique used to remove the switch if you dont know there is a simple button to push and the knob/shaft comes out with ease typically.

Most of the cars from Chrysler of this era use this same knob and shaft assembly. So many interchange from other cars of the era is possible of course.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The knob and shaft is typically removed as a set. This can be done by pressing the 'button' that is located on the headlight switch housing. Pressing this button releases the shaft and headlight switch knob.

The knob can be pried off shaft when installed in the car and is more often the not the technique used to remove the switch if you dont know there is a simple button to push and the knob/shaft comes out with ease typically.

Most of the cars from Chrysler use this same knob and shaft assembly. So many interchange from other cars of the era is possible of course.
thank you sir!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.