Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i bought some conversion housings off ebay. i was going to buy the regular conversions just to use some nice bulbs in them to get a better light. well, i saw these by the same people and the blacked out look got me hooked so i bought them....

they look cool (IMO) but the light sucks! i even bought a nice set of silverstar ultra bulbs for them thinking the ebay ones were just plain cheap. from the outside, they look like they work fine. but driving, low beam, you cant even tell they're on, high beam, my blinkers are still brighter!

my guess is because they are a projector style housing. is there a special bulb i should use for these? do i have to go to HID to get them to work right? worst case, im gonna buy a set of regular conversion housings. anyone know if i need special bulbs?

edit: the bulbs that fit are the H4 style bulbs. 9003

· Registered
750 Posts
if the inside of the houseing is black, there pointless. Blacked out housing absorbs the light instead of reflecting it rendering anything short of HIDs useless, and HIDs will most likely look like reg bulbs.

· Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
theres only one set of fogs. and one bulb is burnt out hahahahahha so i have one fog light. im forced to use that as a driving light just to see where im going! it sucks. i think im either gonna get some crazy good fog lights and add a second set just to use them as headlights and let these just look cool, or buy regular conversion housings.

· Registered
5,790 Posts
Buy GOOD conversion housings!! I'm using the Hella ones from Susquehanna Motorsports and they are frigging GREAT! I used to have some cheapy ones...nowhere near as good as these. The pattern is MUCH better and the materials are noticably better as well. WELL worth the extra $$ to be able to actually SEE where you're going!

· Legendary Driver
11,047 Posts
OMG, just from looking at them you can tell they aren't gonna throw crap for light. That's downright scary and "Hella" hehe Dangerous!
Hella Free Forms
03_14_06_1813
Hella Parabolic's
03_14_06_1820

I like both. I tried the free forms because they were slightly cheaper. I think if I were to do it again I'd get the Parabolic's. I like their beam pattern a bit better (E1 aka Germany vs. E4 aka netherlands). One thing to do is get the clear bra stuff applied to them. The glass is very good but likes to get small nicks very easily.

These bulbs and relaying them in is the hot ticket. I throw more light that any Factory HID setup on the road.

Susquehanna Motorsports Home Page is Susquehanna's website.

· Registered
5,790 Posts
I agree with GLHNSLH2...I also relayed my lights and I've found that I too thow more light on the road than a lot of HID factory cars. I'm using 55/60 SilverStar Ultra Platinum bulbs too(I *think that's their model).

I personally like the E1 better, but it's personal prefference at this point!

Either way, you can't really go wrong with the Hella products...

· Registered
750 Posts
I got my set from Summit Racing. PILOT makes mine IRRC. Appear the same as the Hellas down to the glass lense. about $50 for the pair but they dont come w/ bulbs. H4/9003 are what it uses which seems to be the popular choice for conversions.

· Helping when I can
1,327 Posts
I too will also vote you go get some real conversions.

Do those things even have any DOT markings? They're prolly not even legal.

· Legendary Driver
11,047 Posts
just cause they don't have a DOT stamp doesn't make them good or bad. My E1's have no DOT stamp and they rock, more light on the road, no light in on-coming drivers. I've NEVER been flashed after putting them in where with the stock Sylvannia's I was flashed at least once a week.

· Registered
13,677 Posts
lol i just have the factory wiring going to them but with a diff pigtail on them.
I didn't even change that lol. I will have to now as the wiring going into the GLH is from a '89 Caravan(turbo:cool:). NOW! What did I do with those pigtails:confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.