Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to install new fabric on a pair of fallen Daytona headliners. Cardboard is good, cloth is shot. Any recommendations on spray adhesive?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
3M Super 77 is what I used on mine. Have you gotten the fabric yet? Some fabric stores sell vinyl, and it looks pretty awesome on a headliner board. I used a light grey that matched the trim on my SC perfectly and it came out better than I could have hoped.

Whatever you choose, let the glue set up a little, and make sure everything is coated.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I used 3M Super 77 and it worked great! I got it at NAPA. Take a wire brush to the cardboard to get all the old material fuzz off so you are down to the bare cardboard.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
well, it use to be a fiber board, but they deteriorate after time.

As for 77, used it a hundred times on different interior pieces. Some are YEARS old and still hold great. There is a key with it. You use it just like contact cement. You spray the 77 on both pieces (on the panel, and on the fabric), then give it a couple of minutes to 'flash' (for lack of a better term). Then put the pieces together. It will stick, and VERY well.

clay

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
The thing I don't like about the 77 is the sprayer. It comes out in a mist, when what you really need for such a porous surface is for to come out stringy to get enough coverage. I used some other 3M product for mine that was recommended for headliners. Can't remember exactly. The one time I tried 77 it was a failure, because I couldn't get enough coverage fast enough before it dried. Maybe I got a bum can.

·
Registered
401 Posts
minimopar said:
The one time I tried 77 it was a failure, because I couldn't get enough coverage fast enough before it dried. Maybe I got a bum can.
Perhaps it was too hot out at the time, or you did it in the sun?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Chadxton said:
Super 77 is quite the chadxton. :D

It should have a spray adjustment on the nozzle. Unless that was only on the Super 90.
yeah, you can twist the nozzle left or right for "L -- M -- H" (low, medium, or High) output.

clay

1 - 11 of 11 Posts