Turbo Dodge Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've had requests from other rampage owners about door parts. Here's what I've found:

- The doors are interchangable, but the glass and several other parts are not, including the window glass
- Since the window glass is a different shape, that would mean the door opening in the body is a different shape
- So I believe that means the door gaskets would also be a different shape/length and won't work for you

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Windshield and top portion? We must be talking about something different. I thought you were talking about the rubber seals that surround the door opening?

It's been a while since I've looked at the charger ones, but if I remember correctly, they are 2 piece design - one rubber piece goes around the bottom of the door frame and the other rubber piece goes around the window opening and mounts to the body. The door frame ones might work, but since the window and body of the rampage is different, I doubt that piece would work.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I don't really understand your question, but it seems like you think they'll work. I have several sets. Feel free to make me an offer and I'll box up a set and ship them out.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm thinking that since the scamp shares the windshield and roof of a charger, that portion of the door seal would be the same and splicing it at the rear upper corner would work.
What is a fair offer?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have a Rampage and Charger sitting side by side in my shop. The top edge of the Charger side glass is longer than the Rampage side glass which puts the corner in a different place. The rubber seal could be cut and glued to make it work.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Probably not more than the block I had shipped from Mass or the parts car I got out of central Oregon :). A plywood box and freight would probably do it since they are kind of flimsy for aluminum. If you are interested my 88 Daytona has the rear wiper and 2 mounting bolts at top of window and will certainly entertain any reasonable offer.

Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Update. Had a couple people come this weekend and take a bunch of parts and also threw out a bunch of parts that weren't in good shape. I'll update the list tonight and post it, but to save on the suspense, I can tell you that except for one drivers side upper door seal that's chewed up in the corner where it seals the back of the door and window, all door seals are gone. Based on your description, that one remaining seal might work for you since you'll need to splice it. Pay for shipping and it's yours if you want it (guessing like $10 to ship to NY).

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
New to the daytonas, but are those ported intakes, turbo 2 intakes? I just got a 89 Shelby. Also need a passenger side rear tailing the for a 89 daytona. The I have is cracked
Pretty much every 2.2 or 2.5 turbo motor from 1988-1993 got what was called a "1 piece intake". The only difference between a T1 and T2 for these years was that the T2 intakes got drilled and tapped for an Air Intake Charge Temp sensor and were painted black. The earlier turbo cars (84-87) had different intakes for T1 vs. T2.

With all of that being said, I have sold all of the spare intake manifolds that I had.

For trailing arms, that rear end is 1 piece, so you would need the entire rear end as you can't just replace the trailing arm piece (unless you're good with a welder and have a jig to weld it back up). I have one from a 92 Daytona, but I'm pretty sure that's a little different design than the 89 one you're looking for.

Also, as a heads up, since you're new to these cars, an L Body was Chrysler's econobox of that decade and included 2 door models like Charger, Turismo, and 024, as well as 4 door models like the Omni and Horizon. You have a Daytona, which was a G body (Chrysler's 2 door sports car class). So you want to look for G body parts for your car.

Hope this helps!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts