Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why Chrysler "axed" the Heated Mirrors?
Was it just a cost-cutting thing? They were part of the Limited Package, and available on the Touring and Base. I'm glad that I have them, with all of the SNOW we've had in New York!

·
Registered
10 Posts
mirrors

The same reason they dropped the cargo net and passenger door lock, because they thought they could and nobody would care. Now that Chrsler is going to have to eat about 100,000 Cruisers they may have learned a lesson. It was the tweeks that helped make it special and they dropped them.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I have the heated mirrors and I just love them. I can't believe that they dropped them. 8o

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
spdracr said:

But I'm sure that won't stop you from getting your Dream Cruiser 2! :D
:) :D :}

·
Registered
386 Posts
I don't like it, but it is the american way...the economy is trash, so I'm sure they cut those items to save them money, I bet the price of a PT didn't go down any...

·
Registered
679 Posts
I see that Muth now makes signal mirrors for the heated OE's. Does that mean they come with heaters, or just work with the factory heating element?
?:|

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
The cruiser is only the second new car I have ever owned.
My car before this one was a Honda civic hatchback that was 10 years old.
Soooooo, little things like heated mirrors, the cargo net and all the extras such were really great for me.
I think it's a bad move to get rid of things like this.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Re: mirrors

cruiserboy said:
The same reason they dropped the cargo net and passenger door lock, because they thought they could and nobody would care. Now that Chrsler is going to have to eat about 100,000 Cruisers they may have learned a lesson. It was the tweeks that helped make it special and they dropped them.
Do people really understand how a business works (not sure...) Cars, like most goods have a price point, the point at which people will actually purchase because there is a value that the targeted customer segment can accept. The price of a car (or other good) includes materials, labor, advertising, and profit. Those costs are not fixed but usually go up, right (the people who produce the materials as well as labor they make the car would like raises too). If you have increases in material and labor and don't raise the price - you loose profit. No profit, no research into new products, no new products, no company. No company no jobs, no jobs, no one buying products. No one buying products, no companies.

Raise the price point, sell fewer cars. Sell fewer cars, raise the price point or drop the car. Drop the car, potentially drop jobs. Of course if you sell still fewer cars you need to raise the price again since bottom line you still need to pay for the materials, labor, etc (and make some profit).

I'm sorry to break it to you but companies are in business to make a profit - they are not just there to have people working for them. There are 3 kinds of companies: those that make a profit, those that are non-profit, and finally those that don't - otherwise known as bankrupt companies.

Bottom line, comanies need to find ways to continue to produce products. Sometimes they do it by reducing features... That's life. Either buy the product or not.

·
Registered
191 Posts
When I got my LE, I thought the heated mirrors were kinda silly, that is until I used them. Now I wouldn't part with them.

I really like having the 2001 with all the original little items that DC has decided to omit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2001 Limited and never paid any attention that I have heated mirrors.

I don't have my owners manual with me at work, but my question is how do you turn the heated mirrors on?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts