Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hearing this horrible wine coming from inside the car when the car was running. The noise would stop when the throttle was pushed down a certain amount, but as soon as I let off the throttle the wine would come back. At first I thought it was a lose ground causing feedback in the speakers, but that was not it. Anyway as I was pulling wires and what not from under the dashboard under the steering wheel, the noise suddenly stopped. To my amazement I found the noise maker. A connector that connects vacuum lines from the engine bay to the heater/AC control unit. The connector disintegrated in my hands and I have no idea where the brown, green, yellow, and violet vacuum lines connect to the heater/AC unit. By the way the car is a 1987 Shelby Charger GLHS.

NAJ was nice enough to post the vacuum line diagram, however, I'm not sure where pin 1 is in relation to my connector or how I would go about cutting the half broken connector out and connecting the vacuum lines together. There is one red line and 6 black lines going from the heater unit to the half broken connector. The red line has 3 black lines beside it, but I'm not 100% sure just being red makes it the number 1 pin. Can anyone post pics of their setup would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I now have a picture that I can use to put the cables back together, but I was wondering if there is a replacement kit for this or if you have to bypass the connector and connect them directly. This seems to be a very common failure. Looked at 4 L-bodies the other day and all of them had disintegrated connectors.

Thanks,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts