Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i got the car the heater worked great now not so much
i know i have a leaky radiator bad cap i think. but ever since i pulled the thermostat out it has not worked right does not overheat so i know it is not full of air maybe not. i have a bunch of questions but ill get to them one at a time
but first where do i start?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes the car does have AC but it has not been cold enough to freeze the lines.
here is another thing when i hit the ac button i will feel more heat come out of the registers
i have unplugged the compressor, is the over heat fan supose to come on when the AC button is pushed in?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok just to clear things up the t-stat is still in but i dont think it is centered in the housing
i need a new one it is rusted out so the lip the t-stat sits on is gone.
i dont think the valve has frozen up cause i can move it by hand freely but i could be wrong
does rubber in diaphragms break down?
last time i ran the car i think i had two hoses hot and the other was cold so i know water is moving to it and back but i am not sure about the third hose what it is for.
yes the engine does come up to temp

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
what i am going today is fire the car off and get it to temp then i can get you some answers cause it has been a while since it has run.
am i right in understanding that the heater need restriction from the t-stat to operate properly?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
i went out and ran the car and all three hoses get hot but takes some time to get there was much faster when i first got the car from what i can tell both the heater core and the rad are restricted and need to be cleaned out
so i am going to flush everything out i did find one thing i thought was odd
with the ac button out the rad fan is on but the heater fan does not come on
kinda odd i am thinking it is moisture in the controls in the cab
reason for moisture is i have plexiglass in the rear hatch kinda has a seam and is exposed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts