Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its an 89 dodge daytona cs 2.2 T2 and it has the manual a/c heater control

it does have factory a/c

and the metal cable is operable and all the tubes and stuff are all hooked up new thermostat and the door thingy moves....

the heater and the a/c both dont work.. my dad says the a/c probably needs a recharge (which means goin to hibdons and payin to get it done) but the compressor doesnt click or anything for the a/c

any ideas???

· Administrator
26,469 Posts
The compressor will not engage if pressure low.(low refrigerant)
As far as the heat if any cooling system work was done be sure all air is removed from the system, it will sometimes get trapped in the heater core.
With the car running and at normal operating temp feel the hoses going into the heater core, they should both be hot, if none are hot the engine is running too cool or the heater control valve is malfunctioning, if 1 is hot and the other cold the heater core is restricted, if both are hot the problem is a blend door in the heater box.

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The compressor will not engage if pressure low.(low refrigerant)
As far as the heat if any cooling system work was done be sure all air is removed from the system, it will sometimes get trapped in the heater core.
With the car running and at normal operating temp feel the hoses going into the heater core, they should both be hot, if none are hot the engine is running too cool or the heater control valve is malfunctioning, if 1 is hot and the other cold the heater core is restricted, if both are hot the problem is a blend door in the heater box.

how do you remove excess air

· Registered
625 Posts
how do you remove excess air
Usually reving it up to about 4500-5500 revs for somewhere around 20-30 seconds will do it. Not to long though. Reving any engine like that with no load on it can be damaging! Or just simply driving it kinda hard to get the air out. It just forces the water pump to put some pressure. The air (if any) should get out. Then let it cool before taking the radiator cap off and see if the coolant is lower than when you started. If so, that usually means you got the air out! If that doesn't work you may have another issue.

· Administrator
26,469 Posts
Chrysler does not use a bleed in thier 2.2/2.5L t- stats.
In the cylinder head right behind the t-stat is a hex plug. With the engine cold remove the rad cap and remove the hex plug(5/16" hex bit socket), slowly fill the rad until the fluid stays level at the top of the opening,reinstall the plug, top off the rad and overflow and you are done.
If the hex plug will not come out,remove the t-stat and drill a 1/16" hole in the t-stat and reinstall the t-stat with the hole at the 12 o'clock position.

· Registered
1,407 Posts
NAJ do you have the diagram to hook up the heater control valve correctly, after replacing my engine I have no heat even though the car warms up fine and I think its that valve, either broken or hooked up wrong. I still drive it in the cold with no heat tho :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.