Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hellos again from the skunk. :p I was going to go into the market for a minivan project, and seen a NASTY Minivan with a transplanted SRT4 engine and tranny in Youtube,

I was wondering about the steps for this buildup and i have a lot of questions.
Does the van require the 4 cylinder o start with? Because I am trying to find a clean 1988-1991 Caravan / Voyager, but all I find around here are the 92-up models with the v6. :bang head Not that I don't like the 90s van's, I do, (especially the Sport versions) I was just wondering which is easier to convert?

Is there a buildup link here to a set of pages, with costs, parts listed, and fabrication needs? I'd like to go with a straight in bolt in, if at all possible.

And last question... would any forum readers like to sell thier van if possible? I'd really like to have a nice riding van for family, that was modded here from previous owners first. Because, if the buildup is too expensive, including the van purchase, I might as well drop money on buying a van from someone here first that already did the hard work first. :thumb:;):confused::eek:mg::TDFTW:

Any and all help will be most appreciated...
kowtow and bows,
Kimono-skunk

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I think the srt4 van was for sale for like $4k look up ohiorob.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 92 minivan that had the 3.3V6/electronic 4-speed and now has a 2.4DOHC with a A523 tranny. I use megasquirt for the engine control and wiring it was a major pain but I was able to use alot of the stock wiring and all of the stock relays. The MS controls the rad fan and also the fuelpump.

What you want is a van with the least amount of electronics. If you can't find a 2.5/5-speed van then the best V6 would be the 3.0 with the 3-speed auto. What I started with was the worst combo since everything was electronicly controlled. The only way I ended up with out a constent check engine light is I disabled so many things the van thinks it is just rolling down a hill.

·
Registered
541 Posts
that was my van on youtube. I just sold it two days ago. I will have all the info on a web site coming soon. I just got to get my azz in gear and get it done. look for ohiorob's garage. com next month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts