Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out on the highway today doing 85 mph or so and the car started to shake like crazy like I was hitting the rev limiter or something. Then right after I was coming off the highway and there was some major blue smoke coming out of the exhaust. Then 5 minutes latter the blue was gone. I do not hear any obvious knocks or other noises. There is a new oil spot under the car, not sure where it is coming from yet other than the right side of car. when I took the oil cap off there was some major smoke coming out of the motor, not blue but heat smoke.

What are the circled hoses in the above picture for? Just below the throttle cable mount, lower part of picture, there is a gray hose, this hose comes from the drivers side of the circled hoses and dumps out under the car. until today I have never noticed anything coming out of this hose, after my trouble there was oil dripping out of it.
Here are the car specs
87 GLHS
Freshly Rebuilt TII Bottom End with Weisco Forged Pistons, ARP Rod Bolts, ARP Main Studs and ARP Head Studs
Ed Peters Oil Pan
Steve Menagon Fully Race Ported Head with Large Valves
TII Roller Cam
2 Piece Intake with Large Throttle Body
Turbos Unleashed Header
Turbos Unleashed Braided Turbo Lines
Turbos Unleashed 2 Stage GLHS Computer
Turbos Unleashed T3/T04E TrannyBuster Hybrid Turbo 57 Trim w/.63ar
Tial 38mm External Wastegate
Tial 50mm Blow Off Valve
3" Exhaust Front to Back
Custom Front Mount Intercooler
Custom Intercooler Piping
Auto Meter Gauges
525/555 Transmission with AN ULTRA RARE SHELBY DIFF
McLeod RevLOK II Clutch

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Do a compression and or a leak down test first.
Post back with that info.

Nice list of mod's.
Say ... what's in the Shelby diff anywayzzzz?

·
Registered
999 Posts
The hoses are for the PCV system. Does the car have an air cleaner? I'm guessing it doesn't. The PCV system needs the airbox to be in place to function properly without completely rebuilding & modifying it. If you just have a pipe with a cone filter on the end of it under the hood, it's sucking hot air, unlike the factory system. The oil you're seeing is blowby, probably caused by the lack of an airbox.

-Josh

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Mike,
Sorry I didn't catch you on Sunday, I have been really busy. You need to get your PCV system setup, that is almost certainly what is causing your smoke. I have been through the same thing myself. Are you around any evenings this week, I could drop by and give you a hand.
william

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will be around tonight or tomorrow night, but work thursday and friday nights. Don't worry about not stoping by on the weekend I ended up doing nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts